Sunday, August 24, 2014
Is It Magical Realism?
The book, Life Of Pi, is a story of magical realism. Richard Parker waa never real, but only symbolized something deeper. Richard Parker represented Pi's wild side which was held back by his tamed side by what religion and society thought. Pi thought that religion and society were the two most important things to fit into in his lifetime, he thought breaking the rules would cause him to break out of the social and religious network. This causes readers to think deeper about the context and find a deeper meaning toward the story which was that stories can give deeper and true meanings to our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that Richard Parker symbolized Pi's wild side, but I don't think that he thought of a religion as an expectation. I think it was more of a thing that he felt brought out the more humane side of himself, so he used it as a way of keeping his own humanity intact.
ReplyDelete